Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Sunday, June 13, 2010

ARRIVED IN KOREA

I arrived in South Korea last night after a 13 hour flight from Washington DC. It made for a long day and I don't sleep well on planes. I watched about six moves (lost count) which helped pass the time.

I was invited to participate in a tour of the Asian-Pacific No Bases Campaign that is currently working to connect activists from throughout the region on solidarity trips to show support for one another's struggle against the U.S. military base expansion going on throughout this part of the world.

During this week here in Korea we will visit three different parts of the country where the U.S. is expanding current bases and military training areas, or (as in the case of Jeju Island) where new bases are planned to be built.

Activists will be coming from Okinawa, Guam, the Philippines, South Korea, and myself from the U.S.

I'll do my best to post some reports and photos as I go along.

Some sleep might be helpful in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home